Friday, March 11, 2011

El Cazador de la Bruja, and other anime things

I've gotten way too much of a backlog of anime to watch, so I decided to just sit down, strap in, and watch something.

I borrowed Last Exile from my friend, but NO! Apparently DVDs are not what I should be watching, so I watched El Cazador de la Bruja instead.

First impressions: Totally awesome. Will Buy.

So far, near as I can tell, it's Trigun, but with more of a Science-Fiction spin to it, with a girl instead. And Yuri. OH GAWDS THE YURI!
There's also a very Fireflyesque sense of the series, as a whole, being character driven, with plot as a side thing. And that suits me just fine.

Regardless, there's an adventure theme, and that will probably inspire me to watch Last Exile... and maybe get around to reading more of The Name of the Wind.

Other things I plan to buy include Evangelion 2.22, Spice&Wolf season 1, Spice&Wolf Light Novel vol 3, Spice&Wolf Manga vol 3, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, FMA Manga vols 4-, Black Lagoon vol 7-, Black Lagoon season 2, and another plushy - also, maybe a Gundam model, or a VN, or an art book.

Oh, and food, can't forget food - it's a good thing I'm staying with my friend who lives, like, RIGHT THERE, and has a car, rather than hotel-ing it

Though, I may have prefered hotel - we'll see how things go.

Also - I wish that the nearest Timmies wasn't a half hour walk away - I miss that about Rez - where Tim Horton's was only 10 minutes away.

I also miss the Nerf Wars.

But off rez is cheaper, so I accept my sad existance.

And that's all he wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment